1. The Marriage License – This may seem obvious, but I have been to more than one wedding when the bride thought the groom had the license, and vice versa (so nobody had it)!
2. Directions & Signage – Signage is such an important detail, whether it’s rustic or fancy…it’s a necessity for your guests to navigate wedding venues. Custom signs are the cutest to enhance and personalize every wedding décor: signs showing directions to the ceremony and reception; seating chart signs at the entrance of the reception, signs if you are having an unplugged ceremony…really, you can say anything you need to tell your guests…if you make it endearing and match your theme!
3. Vendor Contact Information – Your wedding planner should have this list but ask someone reliable to keep an extra one in your dressing area “just in case.” It’s always better to be able have contact information within reach, even if it’s just for your peace of mind.
4. The Guest Book – Love this! Yes, a guest book is traditional, but it’s an irreplaceable keepsake from your wedding. New, fun ways for guest books are polaroid cameras where guests can take a photo, paste it into the book, and include a message of well wishes, advice, or a special memory for you.
5. Snacks & Refreshments – Always plan platters of snacks and drinks, appropriate for the time of day, for the wedding party; you don’t want any bridesmaids or groomsmen getting hangry or starving through the ceremony!
6. Payments & Tips – have these sorted and available in an envelope ready to go and trust your wedding planner (or someone similar) to assist with getting these to the vendors. Another proven and helpful idea…stash some cash in an envelope in case you want to tip someone that you hadn’t thought about or who goes the extra mile for you.
7. Basket or Box for cards –These are often on gift tables…but plan a safe place for cards that likely have cash in them. There are a lot of cute ideas and items on Etsy.
Make this list and check it more than twice! All these ideas and items are priceless on your wedding day and they will all make your day all that much happier and easy!